Hiring managers, recruiters or employers spend a significant part of their day reviewing resumes in search of the perfect candidate. It can be a tiring and time-consuming task and if your resume does not look visually appealing, it is highly unlikely that they will read it or even call you for an interview. Even if your resume has excellent content, your knowledge, skills and abilities match perfectly with the job requirements and even go beyond employer expectations, you still might not get an interview appointment unless your resume is formatted according to market standard. An effective resume is a tool designed to sell you to the highest bidder! A professional resume is an investment into your future!
Quick Resume Formatting Tips
- Bold and enlarge your name at the top.
- Keep all the sections lined up and consistent.
- Use Times New Roman, Arial, Verdana, Palatino or Genevafont.
- The font size should not be smaller than 10 point or larger than 12 point, except for your Name and Headings.
- A two-page resume – be sure to fill the second page at least half-way.
- Place “Continued” at the bottom of page one with your name the top of the second page.
- Use graphics sparingly unless you are in a creative field. It is safe to use borders and shading.
- Leave out personal data, photos, unrelated hobbies and links to profiles and updates on social networking sites.
- Be consistent with terms and institutions – if you spell out the state, district or province in your address, such as Ontario or New York, spell them out for each of your jobs. If you attended the University of Toronto, write out the name in full and do not use the acronym UofT.
- Proofread, proofread and proofread again!
Our Resume Formatting Service
It can be stressful to know and remember all the formatting rules and we can help you save your time! Our resume formatting service is aimed at transforming your resume so that it looks polished and easy to read. Experts from our resume formatting services work to optimize your resume so that it adheres to accepted resume formatting standards and guidelines.
What Our Resume Formatting Service Provide:
So you want to make a great first impression with your resume? We integrate your content into an eye-catching, yet professional resume format that is sure to make recruiters and hiring managers curious and want to know more about you.
We align your resume’s headers and content if necessary to give a consistent and balanced look that does not distract the reader as they review your resume content. We also check your document margins to ensure against potential printing issues. We make sure that there is sufficient white space between resume sections for easy scanning and reading.
We edit each sentence where necessary to improve its structure and impact.
No document is complete without a thorough review to eliminate spelling and grammatical mistakes. Your document is throughly proofread avoid any errors, typos or mistakes and make it flawless.
We use no more that two different types of font when formatting your resume – one for the section heading and the other for the rest of your resume. We ensure that the font type is consistent throughout your resume and no smaller than 10 point. For the body of your resume, the font size we use is no larger than 12 point. Headers that include your name are larger and range between 16 and 22 point. Your name is typed in the largest font size on your resume. We use easy-to-read fonts such as Times New Roman, Arial, Verdana, Palatino or Geneva. We use bold and italics sparingly, reserving them for job titles and other important information.
The more concise your resume, the better! As a rule, if you have less than 15 years work experience a one-page resume is more than adequate. For more than 15 years experience and if you are applying for an executive position, then a two-to-three page resume is appropriate. We follow these guidelines and there are certainly exceptions to the rule, so we make the necessary corrections.
When you use our resume formatting services you get:
- A professional and attractive design will help you achieve your career goals.
- A document that is clear and easy to read.
- Resume that can be easily scanned in under 15 seconds.
- Resume that adheres to all accepted formatting rules – both written and unwritten.
- An electronic copy that is fully optimized and updatable in Microsoft Word.
- A resume that is keyword optimized for the targeted position