Are you looking for a good resume checklist? If so, you have come to the right post, which is going to show you exactly the things to include and check on your application to ensure it is strong and engaging. Check out the following.
- Check if your email address is professional. Don’t submit a resume, which has an email that sounds funny. Also, make sure that it is a current and used domain like GMAIL.
- Is your resume aligned with your LinkedIn profile? Don’t write a resume that is much in contrast with your profile online. To ensure of its success, make sure that both your resume and your online profile are in line and in harmony with each other. Also, see to it that your resume includes links to your social profiles and personal websites. If you have a blog, then include it. However, see to it that your social profiles are professional in terms of content and photos. Don’t let unprofessional social profiles ruin your application.
- Customize the addressee of your resume, one of the most important elements in this resume checklist to remember. Research and find out who to address the resume to so that it lands on the right desk or email address.
- If you’re sending your resume through Google Docs, ensure that you have granted access to the person who is supposed to read your application.
- Another part of this checklist for resume is to ensure that your application is well written and it has all the needed sections, including headline for your name, mailing address, email address and contact number. What’s more, stick to the latest resume trends 2016.
- Speak the language of the company you are sending your resume to. Therefore, you may want to go over the posting and see the requirements of the employer. Don’t submit it unless it is tailored to the requirements stated in the posting. On this note, you should make sure that you use keywords in your resume. These are words they used in the advertisement. Use them and increase your chances for an interview.
- Finally, proofread and edit your resume.
There you have the complete checklist for resume that you have to know when writing your application. Follow them and increase your chances to being interviewed today!
Need someone with an eagle eye to check your application? Why don’t you get in touch with our resume review service now!