Writing a good cover letter is an eternal dilemma for someone who is seeking employment. Sending in an effective cover letter and partner that with a powerful resume will bring you a step closer in landing that job. Your cover letter can set you apart from the rest of the applicants. A cover letter should not be generic, when writing a good cover letter should be customized for the job that you are applying for.
If you have topnotch skills and you are still wondering why you are not able to get that interview, maybe it is time to get help from Resume Editing Services in writing an effective cover letter. Resume Editing Services offers services for writing a great cover letter and you can also send in your resume for a free critique. Not everyone is good at writing a good cover letter, but these guidelines will help you with writing the perfect cover letter to complement your resume.
Don’ts in writing an effective cover letter….
- Don’t forget to use action words when writing a great cover letter. Remember that you are putting your best foot forward; make sure to describe your achievement and what you can bring to the table.
- Don’t be boring, Use the first paragraph of your cover letter to catch the attention of the HR Manager, make him want to know more about you and make him look at your resume in its entirety.
- Don’t repeat what is written in your resume, your cover letter should complement your resume not replicate.
- Don’t overdo it, as much as you want yourself to be noticed. Do not make it look that you are trying so hard, when writing an effective cover letter sometimes keeping it simple is more than enough.
- Don’t forget to check for spelling and grammatical errors n your resume.
- Don’t make it too long, it should exceed more than a page.